Tuesday 13 March 2012

This Greystones paradise

This Greystones paradise

I will sit here now to rest a while;
Wrap this Greystones blanket round me,
Of soothing views and a comfort smile,
For the heart; some time to soar free

Make drunk each fibre of my being,
With all that is your Wicklow way,
Sometimes surreal in what I’m seeing,
A refreshing feel from surf and spray

I’ll take the walk along this beach,
‘Wet lip’ the salt that satisfies me,
And pick a pebble within my reach,
Go throw a wish, ‘whatever may be’

I want the dream to call here home,
For in no other place I long to stay,
Such peace and quiet, I’d never roam
From paradise where I am today

Now sitting here at sea view setting
This blanket real that comforts me,
While time passes, though not forgetting,
Now home is Greystones by the sea.


copyright MCB.

No comments:

Post a Comment